Update: August 24th. 2021
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We hope that you have had a relaxing and enjoyable summer!
We are excited for our 2021-2022 school year to begin with some normalcy. Yesterday, Public Health and the Premier Designate announced the Back to School Plan for 2021-2022. It can be viewed on this link: https://novascotia.ca/backtoschool
We want to share with you a few pressing items:
1. School Open: School Administration will be present at school on Wednesday, Aug. 25th and return permanently on September, 2nd. All staff are expected to return to School September 2nd.
2. Modular: Many of you may have noticed the modular unit currently under construction in the side parking lot. It is expected that the work will be completed and classrooms ready opening day.
3. Late Registration: Tomorrow, Wednesday, August 25th is Late Registration from 8:00AM – 2:30PM. Parents/Guardians may come to the school in person to register their child(ren) with the intent to follow the expectations of Public Health:
• Schools are allowed to have visitors who follow public health measures. Visitors must also follow the public health screening information.
• Public Health indicates that schools will follow a set of core public health measures. These mainly include staying home if unwell, regular cleaning of high touch surfaces, frequent hand hygiene (hand washing or hand sanitizer), and attention to ventilation as described by public health.
• To begin the year, masks are required for all students, staff, and visitors as per the Public Health guidance. We will transition to masks being optional once the province enters Phase 5 of its re-opening plan. Schools will begin to work with students and staff on preparing for this transition by developing supportive, safe spaces for those who choose to continue to wear a mask.
• Schools will continue to provide masks to those who need one.
• In certain circumstances, enhanced core measures may be added by Public Health.
• While these expectations are meant to operationalize the public health guidance, please note that the Public Health guidance takes precedence.
4. Class Lists: In the June newsletter, it was shared that class lists will be posted on Friday, Aug. 27th. Class lists will be posted on the school’s website, by student ID number, on Friday, September 3rd. This is a change in date to allow the school time to process new registrations and place the new students in classes. Over the summer, HRCE processed a large number of registrations for Basinview and we expect Late Registration day to be very busy. We apologize for the inconvenience.
5. School Website: We are currently working on updating the School’s Website for the 2021-2022 school year.
6. Primary and Pre-Primary Parents: Information regarding Orientation and 1st day will be sent out next week.
7. Student School Supplies:
a. Pre-primary Parents do not need to purchase student school supplies. Your Pre-primary teachers will send a communication notice to families prior to the first day with details.
b. Primary – Grade 4 parents: Student school supply lists are posted on the school’s website.
c. Order School Supplies through Staples: Parents can purchase your child’s school supplies for Basinview Drive Community School at Go to: Staples.ca/SchoolTools.
a. Click “Parents”, and search by school name.
b. Click on the correct grade.
c. Items curated by your child’s grade level team.
NOTE: You may deselect items you feel you can purchase at another location at a cheaper price.